10 Word Story Challenge
Reading Australia is giving away
ten $100 Booktopia vouchers
to students and their school libraries!
Who can enter?
The competition is open to both primary and secondary students.
How do I enter?
- Pick your favourite Reading Australia book from readingaustralia.com.au – there are over 300 to choose from! There are lists outlined for both Primary & Secondary.
- Describe your chosen book in a catchy ten words or less
- Send in your entry/ies to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. EST on 2 July 2018.
- Don’t forget to include your full name, year group and the name of your school.
Examples of possible entries:
– ‘Family takes off in van, has an epic Australian adventure.’ (Are We There Yet? by Alison Lester)
– ‘Two friends (with four names each) ask: what’s a memory?’ (Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge by Mex Fox and Julie Vivas)
– ‘Girl steals books, is loved by the boy who runs.’ (The Book Thief by Markus Zusak)
Visit Reading Australia for the full terms and conditions.
The New York Times Student Podcast Competition
Imagine yourself — or, perhaps, you and your friends — as hosts of your own podcast. What would you talk about?
Maybe you’d tell a story, perhaps about a childhood memory, an experience that changed your life, or a bad romance. Or maybe you’d rather interview guests about a topic you’re exploring, whether a news-related issue like gun violence or gender roles, or a hobby, passion or concern of your own? Or, maybe you’d just like to have a conversation — about pop culture, sports, food, fashion, technology, politics, or, if you’re stuck, any of these 1,000-plus topics we’ve rounded up to inspire you.
Teenagers are invited to submit original work, of five minutes or less, by May 29 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern. The favorites chosen by The New York Times will then be featured on The Learning Network. The submission form and all the rules and details you’ll need are below.
Competition Rules and the content submission form can be found via this link.
Good luck everyone…we’ll keep our eye out for some more competitions